Become a Coach for Onondaga Youth Hockey Association
If you're interested in becoming a certified coach, you can get a look at the steps and requirements at the USA Hockey Coaching Clinics area of the site.
- Register as a member of USA Hockey (cost is $40)
- Compete a New York State Amateur Hockey Association (NYSAHA) background screening (cost is $25)
- Take the online USA Hockey SafeSport training module (free)
- Find, register and attend the required certification clinic (cost is $40 plus any lunch fees)
- You can only attend one clinic per season (the coaching clinic season
for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 through December 31)
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the level of play you are coaching (cost is $10 per module; online modules are available from September 1 through December 31)
- Must attend the required clinic and complete the necessary online age-specific module(s) by December 31 of the current playing season to continue coaching on January 1
Please also be sure to complete the Onondaga Thunder Coaching Application and submit to
Check out the Coaches and Managers online guide.